HYPER ACCURACY 3D®
and General Surgery
Know and evaluate the relationship between healthy tissue and lesions
Accurately analyze the course of the vascular system
Analyze the relationships between vascular system and lesions
Analyze anatomical variants and anomalous vascular branches
In liver surgery, the HA3D® model allows the surgeons to interact with the anatomy and to study the case with the aim of:
– Intuitively visualizing the vascular systems that supply the organ and the lesion
- Knowing the exact spatial position and the extent of the lesion
- Studying the relationships between the different vascular and biliary systems
- Simulating portal perfusion areas related to the portions of liver that must be resected
- Simulating the planned surgical strategy
- Evaluating the residual liver volume
The benefits of using HA3D® models to support liver surgery are particularly relevant in the context of parenchymal sparing liver resection, where our three-dimensional reconstructions make it possible to plan the best surgical strategy in all types of procedures (open, laparoscopic, and robotic).
HA3D® models are an important tool in determining the margins of resection and in planning surgery with parenchyma savings, ensuring adequate future liver remnant that constitutes a concrete resource in the context of a multidisciplinary management of complex oncological pathology.
During the intra-operative phase, the use of HA3D® reconstruction allows the surgeon to review the previously developed planning. Referring to the three-dimensional model, the doctor has the possibility to check the carried out maneuvers and to more easily identify the different anatomical landmarks. This facilitates the identification and resection of planned and simulated vascular branches, even in cases of complex anatomical variants.
In Pancreatic Surgery, the HA3D® model allows the surgeon to interact with the anatomy and to study the case with the aim of:
- Knowing the exact position and the extent of the lesion in relation to the healthy tissue of the pancreatic gland
- Obtaining an estimate of the proximity of the lesion to adjacent vessels through the use of a chromatic scale for dimensional analysis
- Improving the visualization and recognition of very frequent and complex vascular variants in this anatomical district
The advantages offered by HA3D® models for Pancreatic Surgery are particularly relevant to improve the precision of surgery in very complex cancer cases. The possibility to visualize morphological and vascular variants and to evaluate the distance of the lesion from the vascular structures of interest allows the clinical to perform the surgery with more safety.”
“In Colorectal Surgery, the HA3D® model allows the surgeon to interact with the anatomy and to study the case with the aim of:
- Knowing the exact position, extent and staging of the tumor lesion in relation to healthy tissue
- Improving the visualization and recognition of vascular variants and in situ lymph nodes
- Planning partial resections with more precision
- Highlighting the possible involvement of adjacent organs and infiltrations of the mesorectum or mesentery.
The advantages offered by HA3D® models for Colorectal Surgery are particularly relevant to improve precision and radicality of surgery.